John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Friday, June 13, 2008

Where have Y'all been? :)

HELLOOOOOOOOOO! 

Well, I'm back among the living, again. Wow! Most of you have probably tuned out on me by now. If you are reading this, please tell all your friends that I'm back. And I promise that I will try to post daily again. 

So, what's been going on? Well, I've filmed 14 baptism videos, edited them, filmed a "God of This City" video, edited it, written two speeches and given them (for my com 100 class), gone to the beach (for work, though i did get to play a little!), dropped my algebra class (i'm so lost, even Todd Bates couldn't help me!), helped my wife pull off a conference in Franklin for her work, filmed it, edited the video and burned a DVD for her to have to use, finished the Annie Jr. project for West Elementary, put together Erik's power point for the end of his teaching series, had meetings with Miranda to prepare her to lead worship (while I was gone), rehearsed the band with Miranda (so she could lead worship while I was gone), watched way to much "Dora the Explorer" with my son, told my wife I loved her (every time I passed her in the hall on my way to do something!), and spent four days vacuuming my pool (which was horribly green) so we could get in there and cool off! Other than that, not much going on around here!

I hope all of you have had more free time than I have had these last couple weeks. I actually thought about blogging every day! LOL. Just never got around to it. But I know all of you have been keeping up with what's going on at the Journey, and reading Erik's blog, so there's not much you don't know about. I just want to say that God shows up in mighty ways! Over the past two weeks, I've watched a couple people step out and take huge leaps of faith. I've seen a former Atheist's life turned on fire for God, so much that, I believe if he keeps it up, he's going to rival Paul! It's amazing what God will show you, if you ask. I've been praying for awhile now that God would spark the movement that Erik and others of us at the Journey have been talking about: the Jesus movement. If you guys are Journey-ites, hang on to your hats! I think it's coming! We've seen several glimpses of it these past weeks. I think that if we continue to pray, and stay obedient, we're going to see it! 

Well, gotta go for now! I'll holler at you all tomorrow. Gotta go get ready for the men's retreat. We're leaving this afternoon. Gonna be great, too! Erik has got some really good stuff he wants to talk to all the men of the Journey about. I know he's gonna put some really big challenges out there for the men of our church. Keep us in your prayers!

Adios mi amigos

No comments: