John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Thursday, August 7, 2008

weddings

So, I've got two weddings to sing for this weekend! Yeah! They're both friends of mine, so I'm extremely excited for them!

My wife and I were married twelve years ago. Sometimes I think.... wow! Dude, we're getting old! But then, I look back and try to remember twelve years of marriage. The funny thing is, I can't! Cause it doesn't seem like twelve years! She and I have been through a lot together, but the time has just flown by. They say that time flies when you're having fun! We are a living testiment of that! I love her more today than I did yesterday! And I know that tomorrow, I'll love her even more.

If you're planning on getting married, or maybe you are already married, let me give you some advice. I think that after twelve years, I can safely give some advice!! :)

1: Guys, it's always your fault. Even when it's not... it is! And I don't mean that to be sarcastic or funny, though it is! What I mean is, you are the spiritual head of your household. God will hold you responsible for everything. So, no matter what... it's always your fault!

2. Do not, under any circumstances, go to bed mad at each other! Remember what no. 1 said? it's always your fault. So suck it up, appologize, tell your wife how much you love her, give her a kiss (and mean it!), then go to sleep.

3. and I'll leave you with this. Have fun and enjoy each other. There is absolutely no excuse for "Well, we just fell out of love". That's crap! I don't care how you cut it, it's crap. If you loved her enough to marry her, then you still love her today. You may be blinded by whatever's keeping you from seeing that, but the fact remains, you still love her! And, if you keep God in the center of your marriage, and put Him first, then there's no way you can fall out of love with your wife!

My grandmother passed away two years ago. It was one of the saddest days in my life. She was an amazing woman. It devestated my grandpa. But he said something to me a few days later that I will remember till the day I die. He told me, "You know, Rob, everyone kept saying how bad Grandma looked before she passed, and that you could see how worn down she was." He then said, "But that didn't make sense to me. You see, I couldn't see that. Cause everytime I looked at her, I saw the most beautiful seventeen year old girl that I fell in love with fifty years ago." And then he finished with, "I hope that when you're my age, and you look at Tiffany, you won't see an old woman that time has taken its toll on. I hope you see the beautiful seventeen year old that you fell in love with!"

Good luck, Amber and Trent. And Good luck Joey and Marcella. I love you all and am praying for you! Enjoy each other, and may God bless your marriages!

Tiffany, I love you!

-Robbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robbie...The Wedding Singer!

Man, it's good to see God blessing and doing a good work. We miss being there but The Summit is taking shape!

Be Blessed!