John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Monday, May 12, 2008

Day Off!

Well, today is monday! Usually this is a busy day for everyone! It's back to the grindstone, as they say. I hope you all have a great Monday!

For me, though, today is a day of rest. Thank You, Jesus!!!! Yesterday was such an incredible day at the Journey. If you read any of my friend's blogs, you'll see what Erik had to say about yesterday. He's right. God is doing some crazy stuff these days!!! I can't wait to see what's going to happen over the next few weeks. If you are a Journey-ite, please remember: This upcoming week starts our two service format!!!!! 9:00 and 11:00. Erik is starting a new series called, "The Radical Jesus". If you are one of our friends who lives far away and can't be there, you can always check out the website and either listen, or watch the series! We'll see you there! It's going to be a great three weeks, I can promise. I've already heard a snapshot of the series. Great stuff!!! I promise!

I hope this week finds you all blessed and content! Here's something to ponder over:

Psalm 32. It's good stuff. Of course, anything from that book is good stuff!!! 

Hasta!

-robbie

No comments: