John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back Among The Living

Hey Everyone!

Wow, it feels like it's been three weeks since I posted last! Just kidding! I know it's been at least that. Sorry. I've been trying to finish up this semester of school and juggle family and work along with it. I just haven't had the time to post. 

Anyway, just wanted to keep this short and let everyone know that I'm back and hope to be posting more regularly. I know I've missed getting you guys the songs that we've been doing over the past couple sundays, so I'm gonna list them all here together. I'm not going to differentiate between weeks, I'm just gonna list them. 

I'm excited about Christmas this year (well, I'm excited every year, but this one in particular. My son is almost three years old and he's all about Santa and celebrating Jesus' birthday!) Erik has started a new series called "Operation World Rescue". It is the Christmas series for the Journey. Please, if you don't have a church home, come visit us. Check out the link to see where we are and when we meet. Also, don't forget, you can watch all of Erik's talks online at the website too. I try to get them posted by Wednesday of the next week. SO, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! Here's the song lists.


"Lead Me To The Cross" (Hillsong), "You Are Our God" (Me, Robbie Cheuvront), "Glory To God" (Fee), "From The Inside Out" (Kristian Stanfill), "Behold" (Me again! I really am trying to get a CD together for you all. I know you keep asking me!) "Jesus Paid It All" (Kristian Stanfill), "Jesus Is Alive" (Fee), "My Savior My God" (Aaron Shust), "Healer" (Hillsong), "Let Me Sing" (Todd Fields), "Let The Praises Ring" (Lincoln Brewster).  

No comments: