John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Saturday, January 17, 2009

bad blogger

I know! I know! I know!

I'm a bad blogger! :( Sorry! I know that I haven't posted in like a month. I'd like to use the excuse that I've been too busy... but I think we all are busy and I've just not been disciplined. I'm going to try and right that!

I have been busy though! And it's an exciting kind of busy! In less than four weeks, The Journey is launching its second campus. This is something that we've been working on for over a year now. And now that we are about to launch, it's amazing to watch all the pieces fall into place. We are going to have our community meeting, Monday, at Rutland Elementary. This is where the new campus is going to meet. John Griffin and I have been to more music stores and supply stores in the last two weeks, than I've ever been in my life. LOTS of stuff to get, in order to make this thing happen. 

The Journey has always been a church that has wanted to plant churches and start new campuses. We feel that it is important to NOT spend millions of dollars on buildings and expect people to come to us. We've always taken the command by Jesus, to go into all the world, literally. So, our philosophy is to start new campuses in locations where people are, to go to them, not ask them to come to us. And now, after having helped to plant a church, The Summit Church, in Seymour Tn., we are about to embark on the second aspect of our vision. The Journey will open its doors in the Providence Community, in Mt. Juliet Tn., on February 8th. We are excited to see what God is going to do in that area. I'm looking forward to working with Shawn Allen, the campus pastor there. Along with Erik and myself and the rest of the Leadership team, he will head up all of the operations and everyday workings of that campus. We're excited to see Shawn get to do what God has called him to do, be a pastor.  Please be praying for him and everyone who will come through those doors. 

The next few weeks are going to be fun and hectic! As always, I hope that you all are doing well. I'll talk to you all later.

Blessings,

robbie

No comments: