John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Monday, March 9, 2009

catching up

Hey everyone! Happy monday.

Hope everyone is well. I woke up this morning and checked the weather and... can you believe it? We are actually going to have two weeks in a row of nice weather! Unbelievable! 

This is both good and bad. Cause I have about three days worth of video editing to catch up on. So, while the weather outside is great, and I would love to be out playing golf... I'm going to be enjoying the nice day by looking outside my window!

So yesterday, we had a great day at the Journey. Erik continued with his "Savage Generation" series. Hopefully, by this afternoon, you can go on the website and watch both week one and two. (The video editing that I was talking about). Our Providence/Rutland campus is in full swing. Each week we are seeing more people show up! We are sooooo excited about being there. Thank you, God, for giving us the opportunity. 

I don't have any thing profound to talk to you all about this week, but I do have a question. Something that I heard from Erik this past week. Do we exist for God, or does God exist for us? Ok, I guess that's a little deep. I'll let you guys think about it. I have some thoughts on it (imagine that!) but I'll save them for later. Have a great week everyone.

Oh, yeah.... I almost forgot! Tiffany and I found out that we are going to have another kiddo running around soon!!!!! I'm going to be a daddy again! 

Here's the song list from yesterday's Catalyst Service:

"Salvation Is Here", "Let Me Sing", "Healer", "Savior King". We kind of had a Hillsong fest yesterday!!! What can I say? Those guys are on point!

No comments: