John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What R We Doing?

Hey all.

I've been struggling with this blog for a couple weeks now. I've been wondering if it's really worth my time to sit and write every day, or every other day, when I could be out actively doing something to be intentional for God. I won't bore you with the details, but I think I found my answer. It actually came to me in the form of a question. During my prayer time, while I was asking God what to do about this blog, I heard the question, "What are you doing?", meaning, if I'm not trying to reach someone through my writing, or make a difference to someone with some thoughts that God has lain on my heart, what am I doing instead? 

It took me awhile to answer that. What I figured out is, I do a lot of stuff. But how much of it is just tasks so that the ministry can happen around me? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm learning that sometimes writing a blog may be more effective in reaching someone, or at least make them think about something, than all the tasks in the world. Let's be real. We can all do tasks until Jesus comes back. What did we do with what He gave us? Good question. He asked it Himself. 

We're in the middle of a new series at The Journey called "Sent".  One of the Key passages so far, that has stood out to me, was when Jesus asked Peter, "Simon, do you love me?". They begin to have a conversation that just goes to show the burden that Jesus has for us and the lengths to which He expects us to go to show that love. 

I hope you all will ask yourselves, "What are we doing?" And I hope that when you ask that question of yourself, you will know what the answer is SUPPOSED to be. 

To join in with the conversation further, visit Erik's blog. We are doing a reading challenge of the book of Acts. It's a chance for you to read about the early church, give your opinion and hear what others are saying. I look forward to hearing from you all. Please feel free to leave me a comment as well. I will try to answer everyone.


Love y'all,

Robbie

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey Robbie,

I was thinking about the same thing the other day. What I felt God speak to me was about Moses and his staff. God said 'what do you have in your hand?". I think that we are instructed to use what ever is at our disposal to communicate what God is saying to the world right now. Back in the day when people were still saying "TV is of the devil" Billy Graham was utilizing it as a tool to get the gospel out. Billy Graham had his crusades and we have our YouTube, Blogs, Video Blogs, mp3s etc. I think as long as we are using what we have to communicate the gospel we are doing good. I think that maybe we were born for such a time as this. We should jam pack the web with as much Jesus as possible. Blog away

robbie cheuvront said...

good stuff Jonathan! Thanks for your comment. I too believe that, in this media driven world, we should utilize every opportunity the world throws out, for the glory of God and His kingdom. Though they may not have been intended for this use, we the church can capitalize on them! Thanks for your thoughts.