John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Saturday, April 26, 2008

How Do You Worship?

Hello, all. My trip to Atlanta was successful. We played for a married couple's conference at a place called Woodstock, strangely enough! Anyway, I'm back and right back into the mess that is my life! I listened to some cool stuff on the way there and back. Ed Young and Erwin McManus. Two Amazing speakers, from two completely different churches, both knocking it out of the park! You all should check them out. Just follow the links.

Last month, I started reading the Gospels again. I'm getting ready to host a bible study for a few guys and I thought, what better place to start, right? Here's the cool thing. I've read the Gospels... I can't tell you how many times. It amazes me that, each time I read them, God always gives me new insight on something.

John 4:19-24 is that something. Click the link and read it. It's goooooood stuff.

Here are some questions I would love you all to answer. You can post your comments or just email me. If you are on my praise team and tech team, I really would like you to answer these. We will be talking about them over the next few weeks. God Bless and I love you all.

1. What does Jesus mean when he says, "Salvation is of the Jews?"

2. If the Father is "seeking such to worship Him", does that mean that He is not interested in those who do not worship Him in truth and spirit? Can't you just sing the songs and be a good Christian? (think about this...it's kind of a trick question)

3. What does it mean to worship in truth and spirit?

4. Is worship something we do on Sundays or is it more?

5. What is your job as a worshiper?

6. How do they make orange sherbet? (I just always wanted to know that!)

1 comment:

AliCiA said...

Hey Robbie. I have really enjoyed reading your blogs. I miss you guys and I don't miss you as much since I have been getting to read your blogs. Does that sound bad... I meant that as a good thing?? ;)
Anyway, I was reading the scripture you posted and thought I would share about Worshiping in Spirit and in Truth. When Jesus said He is seeking such to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth it kinda breaks my heart. Cause He means He actually has to seek out those who will worship Him in this way. It's sad that He just cannot look down on His children and just see this type of worship. I feel that worship is not only singing about Him, but being consumed with His ways in your daily walk. You can worship Him by telling others what Jesus is to you, what He has done and is doing for you. We were created to Praise and Worship Him and if everyone just spoke of their relationship with Jesus and what He has done for them..then the way to heaven would no longer be the narrow road but the wide road. But the problem with that is people do not always worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. I feel like worshiping Him in Spirit is being led by the Holy Spirit daily. Instead, so many feel like they have to accomplish this check list of things that God requires of them daily before they feel like a "good Christian." But Jesus does not want you to walk around with all these plans of what qualifies you as serving Him. Worshiping in Spirit is just waking up and saying "I Love YOU LORD and guide me today and let your ways be my ways, break my heart for what breaks yours, and don't let me get ahead of you with my "good ideas". It's so hard learning that His ways are better than ours. Worshiping in Truth is where the enemy really gets people alot of times. Worshiping in truth is living a life of integrity according to the bible. A honest, humble, pure heart and clean hands walk with the Lord. Meaning and being what we SAY we are. I missed this boat for alot of years as a Christian and it breaks my heart when I think of those that God put in my path. And those people looked at me a saw nothing different about my actions when compared to their's. I began worshiping in Spirit and in Truth when i started waiting on the Lord before I ran with one of my "good idea's" The hardest was the flesh burning, painful, on my gosh I am going to scream if my flesh does not get what it wants lesson!!! I began asking myself before I did or said ANYTHING... "if Jesus was sitting beside me in the flesh right now... would I be watching this tv show or movie? Would I be listening to this music or this conversation? Would I say this or that about this person?" Because the truth is whatever I was exposing myself to... I was also dragging the King of Kings in the middle of it. Praise the Lord that He still helps me and still shows me more and more that I have to rid myself of or stop compromising on- DAILY. I know that with each passing day and with every inch of flesh burnt out of me .... I am moving closer and closer to Worshiping Him in Spirit and in Truth. Therefore, breaking His heart less and less everyday. Hurting Him is the LAST thing I want to do. I think we all know that a broken heart is the worst pain to feel. Again, I love reading your blogs and I love you...Alicia