John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Scorecard

Soooooo, I finished three of my four finals today!!!! Yippeeeeeee! One more to go. I'm pretty sure that I did extremely well on all three of them. I'm sure of this because I actually knew the answers to all of the questions! So, the scorecard reads Robbie-3, 1st semester of college -0, undecided-1! (updated scorecard available after 2:00 p.m. Thursday)

A very cool thing happened to me today. For those of you who know me, you know that I am a writer, as well as a musician. As a matter of fact, one of my majors is English. I've written a novel, and am working on my second one. Today, my English proffessor asked me to stay after the final. She wanted to talk to me. Uh-oh! Immediately I thought, "What have I done?", right? Well, with a little bit of nervousness, I stepped out into the hall and waited. She began to remind me of something she'd mentioned early on in the semester. My school has a publication that comes out once a year and gets used all throughout the following year by the entire English department. It is a compilation of the best essays and journals of the students from the previous year. This, from what I understand, includes all levels of English classes. And I believe, though I could be mistaken, that she said they only pick ten. Today, she asked me if I would mind if they published one of my journals! Of course I said no. I'm holding out for a book deal! JUST KIDDING! I was very excited and said yes. So, I will now be, officially, a published author!

I share this with you all, not to brag, but to say that it feels really good when you are validated for something you've accomplished. So often we talk about this world and being "of the world" in our Christian walks. Mostly we hear that you should be "in the world" and not "of it". I agree... from the biblical standpoint and what Jesus taught. However, this does not mean you shouldn't be happy with yourself for accomplishing something that betters you. God honors hard work. He is our Father, and just like any parent, He's proud of us when we succeed. What we have to remember is, He's given us the ability to do the things we do. And everything we do should be done to honor Him. So, I would just like to say, "Thank you, Father, for the gifts you've given me. I pray that everything I do would bring you honor and glory."

Blessings,
-Robbie

1 comment:

Erik Reed said...

way to go dude...you have managed leading and school very well...before you know it you will be "walking the line"