John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ignite Conference

ok, i lied! well, not really....ok, yeah, i lied!

i'm not going to talk about Satan and worship today. i'll do that tomorrow. today i'm going to talk about the Ignite conference and Ignite Humanity, all of which is consuming my every waking moment this week!!! But that's a good thing.

This Saturday, starting at 9:00 a.m., Erik Reed and I (the co-founders of Ignite Humanity) are hosting a conference at New Hope Baptist Church. YOU NEED TO BE THERE!!!!! it's going to be a blast. if you want to know more, just click the link!

so today, i wake up to my son inches from my face, pinching my nose, hollaring in his sweet little two-year-old voice, "Wake Up DADDY!!!". the next thing out of his mouth?... "I wanna go Ashton's house!" to find out who Ashton is, check out my friends, the Perry's blog.

the next forty minutes of my life is a broken record: ME: we can't go to Ashton's house, you have to go to school today! (pre-school) CASON: daddy, i wanna go Ashton's house! ME: we can't go to Ashton's house, you have to go to school today! CASON: daddy, i wanna go Aston's house!... you get the picture.

so here's my thought for the day. why is it after you become a parent, you are willing to sit and talk to a two-year-old who has zero comprehension skills and yet, you will continue to do the Abbot and Costello skit with them for almost an hour, beleiving that somehow God will intervine and make them understand? this is what your mother refered to when she said, "I can't wait until you have kids!"

God Bless!

No comments: