John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hanging with the little man


So, yesterday, Cason stayed home from his preschool and we hung out all day. It was awesome. I'm trying to do this more often, when I have the opportunity. 

Right now, he's at such an impressionable age. It's so cool just to have conversations with him. His little brain is so active right now. He's like a sponge! I can tell him something, and he will not forget it. It's kind of annoying, actually! LOL. Like for instance, when we got up yesterday. We just hung out in bed watching Mickey Mouse and Handy Manny. He leans over and puts his head on my shoulder and says, Dad I love you. I say, I love you too buddy. He says, so.... when are we going to go golf putt! (That's what he calls putt putt golf. I told him on Wednesday, that on Friday, he and I were going to spend the day together, just hanging out, and we could go "golf putt".) It was pouring down rain, as anyone who lives here knows. I told him that it was raining and we'd have to wait. But earlier that morning, when Tiffany and I were talking, before she went to work, we were talking about the weather. He heard us talking about how the rain was supposed to let up by the afternoon. 

So, he says, yeah but the rain is supposed to stop when I get up from my nap! Now, how can you argue with that! 

The point is this. I'm so blessed to be able to spend time with my son. I know a lot of people have hectic schedules, and I do too, but sometimes other people can't take a day to just hang out with their kids. But.... sometimes they can and don't. I talked before about priorities. I was fortunate to have parents that loved me and took time to spend with me. Some of you didn't. But that's not an excuse for you not to do it with yours. If you don't, one day you're gonna wake up and your kids are going to be grown up, and you're not going to know them. And what's even more sad, They're not going to know you. 

Whether you can take a whole day or not, you CAN take time. And I can promise you, the time you take for them, will bless your heart tremendously. And it will build into them something that nobody else can. We live in a busy world where kids are neglected and left to grow up on their own. One day, you're going to be old and need someone to take care of you. Wouldn't it be nice to know that your children are taking care of you because they love you and want to, instead of because they have to? And besides, at that point, you're going to wish that they had time to spend with you, in the midst of their busy schedule! 

Blessings

1 comment:

austin burton said...

well said dude. couldnt agree more!