John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Friday, October 17, 2008

the mouses house

Well, it's Friday night and I'm in Atlanta, staying at a hotel. Why, you ask? Well, this past week, we went to Disney World, perhaps one of my favorite places on planet Earth. It was awesome! Cason had a blast! 

We left Sunday, after church. Tiffany's parents, her sister and her husband and six kids (that's right! I said SIX!), and we all went to see the mouse! As soon as we got there, it was on! The very first thing, as we got off the tram from the parking lot, there he was, Mickey Mouse, in the flesh... or I guess you'd say, in the costume! Cason was freakin out. He absolutely loves Mickey. So, we stood in line for about ten minutes and got our picture with him and Minnie. I'll post some pictures later, after I download them. And then that's where it all went BUNK, to quote one of my favorite sayings!

Remember, I told you, Tonya and Gerald, Tiffany's sister and brother in law, have six kids. (Ok, I should probably explain a little. They technically have three. Two boys and a girl. They are precious, like all children are! But for this trip, they had their two nieces and nephew with them. Brave! That's all I can say about that.... Brave!) So, we get to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom, after the pictures. I get our tickets out, Steve (Tiffany's father) gets their tickets out, and Gerald starts pulling out pockets, takes the back pack off and unloads it (no tickets). Goes to the stroller, pulls out the other backpack, unloads it (no tickets), hollers over to Tonya to get the tickets out of her purse. He remembers that the tickets are there. That's where they last were.... No Tickets. (you see where this is going, right?) 

fifteen minutes later, after basically ransacking every piece of clothing, bag, purse, pocket, stroller compartment and any other possible place that the tickets could be, it is finally determined that they left their tickets back at the condo. (Six kids! Lot's of stuff to get ready to go at seven in the morning! Apparently, tickets were at the bottom of the list and didn't get checked off prior to departure!) Long story short, Gerald, looking like someone shot his dog, begrudgingly made the journey back to the condo and retrieved the tickets, which were sitting on the coffee table! From that point on, for the rest of the week, we were basically like a herd of turtles, wondering through the four parks, riding everything we came in contact with, and taking in every show available to the masses. It really was a great trip. I'm kind of sad we had to come home. There's something about watching the Magic Kingdom Castle fade in the distance, knowing that you're headed home, that leaves a sad feeling in your heart. It's such a cool place. Everyone there is soooooo concerned with weather or not you're enjoying your stay. The people who work there (they're called cast members, by the way) are some of the happiest people I've ever met. They go out of their way to see a smile on your face. 

It got me to thinking... what if the Church was like that? What if we went out of our way to see a smile on someone's face. What if we did everything we could to make people forget how crummy everyday life can be sometimes. What if we actually did what Christ called us to do... to love one another and bring hope and joy to a hurting and broken world? Why is it that a place like Disney world can achieve this, and the greatest organization ever created can't? Something to think about! 

I hope you all had a great week. We sure did. I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing all our friends, but I can't wait to go back! I know Cason can't wait either! 

Obviously, I've been out of pocket this week, so I'll try to post on Sunday the tunes from this week and last week. I'll see you all at the Journey

God Bless.

No comments: