9. a drive through that makes you pull up front and wait. (i thought that's why i went through
the drive through. i didn't want to wait!)
8. hitting every red light
7. hitting the south hartman dr./baddour parkway red light (have you seen this thing? it's like red for twenty four minutes and 16 seconds!)
6. shooting 78 at Windtree on Thursday, then shooting 89 at Windtree on Friday. (How can
that much go wrong with a golf swing in 24 hours?)
5. cleaning the pool filter. (i could install a new one in the time it takes to clean the old one!)
4. the other 10 million things that bother me, that i don't have the time or space to list here!
3. waiting almost an entire year for a new episode of "Lost". (that show is like crack!)
2. the fact that my wife is right most of the time! (love you, honey!)
1. the fact that i know what having a relationship with God is like and there are millions of
people who don't.
i know this list is kind of funny, except for number one. but that's the point i'm trying to make. how many things in your life are you bothered by? like me, you probably have a million things that bother you. but of all of those things, are any of them as important as walking around everyday seeing the people you see and knowing that there's a good, no great, chance that they have no idea how much God loves them. and the lengths to which He would go to let them know... the lengths to which He already has.
this is something that God slammed me with. it's our job to love people. Jesus said we will know His disciples by the way they love people. the church is the only institution on the face of this earth that can bring the love of God. we can do this because He lives in us, and therefore, He can love through us. so, it bothers me that we have this Love inside us, and yet, there are millions of people who have never even seen it.
my prayer is that God would show me how to love better. would you make that your prayer as well?