John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Sunday, July 27, 2008

sunday thoughts

today was an incredible day at the Journey. We had one of the most complex, technically challenging services ever planned for our Catalyst service. We had everything from a creative reading, video, drama (not the kind that people are always trying to avoid!! I mean, like, actors and choreography!), a kickin' message, and blow-it-up-unabashed-full-on-worship! 

If there was ever a day that things could tank and go straight to pot, this was the day! However, we serve the God of the universe. The One that restores broken lives. And when you have a bunch of people, all in one accord, He shows up.... Big Time! And He did! 

If you weren't there, I'm soooo sorry you missed it. If you were, I hope God moved in your life like He did mine. If you read this blog, and you don't have a church home, and you live in the area, please come and join us. We are, by no means, the best church ever! We are a bunch of crazy people who believe that God wants to do something amazing in this region and are trying to be obedient to what He's calling us to do. And because of that, we are having a blast!!! And lives are being changed. It's an honor to watch it happen and unfold before my eyes. I'm so blessed to just be a part of it. 

Thank you to all who served today. Thank you to our drama team today. You guys knocked it out of the park. My praise team... well, you guys are just sick! (That's a good thing, Danny!) 

Congrats to the Rountree family. I'm so proud to be your friends. It's amazing to see God work in your lives and call you to such an honored life. You guys are an inspiration to all of us. Tiffany and I love you very much! 

I'm looking forward to what God has in store for us over the next few weeks. Next week is going to be a special service. We are going to be taking the sacraments, commissioning all three campus pastors and engaging in extended worship. It's going to be exciting. It's going to be a preview of our "Night of Praise and Worship", which is coming up, hopefully, in the month of August. I'll be sure to let you all know when that's coming up, so you can make plans to attend. the last one we had was great. I know this next one will be just as exciting! See you there!

-Blessings

P.S.   To echo Erik, it's starting to smell like football season! For the first time, since living in Tennessee, I'm going to convert and try to be a VOL's fan. This is a tough conversion for me, but Erik has been working on me for the last eight years. I'm going to give it a try. Bear with me! Go VOLS!!!!! Down with the Gators!!!!! 

No comments: