John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Friday, July 18, 2008

TGIF

well, it's finally friday! been a long week. Tiffany was outta town this week at a conference for work in Houston. Cason and I took a day to hang out together. It was awesome! We don't do that enough. I've decided that I'm gonna try to do that once a week with him. He's growing so much, so fast, it's hard to keep up with him. And I don't want to wake up one day and realize he's seventeen and asking for the car! 

He's big-time into music right now. He has three guitars, a couple of drums, and some auxiliary percussion. He goes around the house, playing and singing. I think I've created a monster!! 

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Erik is going into the third week of the War Zone series. It's been slammin so far. We have seen a lot of people move forward in their walk with God. It's amazing, what God's doing! I talked to a lady yesterday who said she had grown up in church. She went and did the whole church thing, cause that was what you did, she said. Then she told me that for the first time in her life, since coming to the Journey, she got excited about coming. It actually meant something to her. She said all throughout the week, she's thinking about church and can't wait to get back on Sunday!!!!! Now that's awesome!!!! I'm so privileged  to be a part of a body of believers that are on fire for what God's doing around them.

I've really been focusing on a passage of scripture for the last few months. It's John 4:19-26. If you don't know the story, click on the link and read it. It's about the Samaritan woman. But 19-26 is what has jumped out at me, and caused my in-depth study, if that's what you want to call it. It's been more about prayer than study. Loosely paraphrased, it says that God is seeking those who will worship Him in truth and in spirit. Erik and I have had a few discussions about what this means. It's pretty cool how God has really put the same kind of thoughts on both our hearts. This is something that I'm gonna talk at length about with my Praise Team, as well as our church. We're planning on having a huge Praise and Worship service in the near future. I believe that God wants to do something really special during that time. If you attend the Journey, when you hear the date, please, please invite your friends, family, the unchurched, and anyone else you can think of. I know it's going to be a special night. We had one a few months back, and it was incredible. It's amazing to me how much God can grow a person, spiritually, through worship. 

well, that's all i have for now. be looking for the date for the night of Praise and Worship, come be a part of War Zone, and read John 4:19-26. See if God reveals something to you about how you worship Him! 

-robbie

No comments: