John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

poli-sci, history, and golf

Well, the title should really be, "How much crap can four college professors pile up on you in one day!" Man, college is weird. I find myself enjoying my education, unlike when I was in high school. It's actually fun. Being an adult, one who has gotten to see the world and get some life experience, it's amusing to see all of these 18 year olds who couldn't care less if they were there or not. 

Erik, who is ahead of me in our educational journeys, told me, when I decided to go back, that it would be fun to watch. And he was right! I actually have an appreciation for the classes I'm taking. However, and this is hard to admit, being the RockStar that I am :) , I am finding out that I'm somewhat of a nerd. I never realized how much I enjoy learning. Especially English. I've always had a passion for writing, and as a lot of you know, I have written one novel already and am in the process of writing my second. All the while, I'm working on a book deal. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me. I need it! Anyway, I'm a nerd. I like school! Go figure.

But here's what I don't get. Do your professors get together and decide that you don't have enough to do on certain days throughout the semester? Cause it seems like it! I mean, I'll go a week or two without any homework or tests and then... BAM! Three tests, two 800 word papers (with MLA citation and researched documents), and a pop quiz to boot! All on the same day. What's wrong with these people! Couldn't we spread this out over a few days!!! :)

Well, I've spent most of the day, well all of it, actually, studying for the three tests that I have tomorrow, writing the papers, and preparing for the pop quiz that I actually got some inside info on, that's being given tomorrow in one class! Since I'm writing this at night, you all probably will be reading this as I'm sitting in one of said classes, grinding it out! 

Now, I've been in school now for three semesters, so this isn't new. It actually seems to be the norm. And I'm fine with that... BUT, this particular day is not the one that I wanted to have to do all of this during. You see, after my final class tomorrow, English, I'm headed to Birmingham with Shawn Allen (one of our campus pastors) for a golf trip for a few days!  We've been planning it for like four months now. And the last thing that I want to be thinking about, the day before I'm about to go on a trip to play like..... 700 holes of golf!!... is three tests, two 800 page papers and a pop quiz!!!!!!!! I have a wicked hook in my driver that I've developed! I'm trying to FIX MY SWING, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Anyway, I'll be gone for a few days, so I'll talk to you all when I get back. In the meantime, you all stay out of trouble and have a good week! And if you think about it, say a prayer for me and Shawn for safety during our trip. We'd appreciate it. If you really have nothing else to do, say a prayer for my swing! 

Blessings! 

Robbie.

No comments: