John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Monday, September 1, 2008

So, yesterday was a good day at the Journey! We had tech problems (like that's anything unusual!) but everything else went great. You know, actually, I don't know what I'll do the day that I walk in there and absolutely nothing goes awry! I may fall over and die right then and there! However, I would imagine that, if that did happen, it would mean that Jesus is not far behind in making His return! 

Seriously, though, it was a great day. I was challenged about giving in a way that I hadn't been before. Man, I gotta tell you, Erik really has been growing as a teacher and speaker. There is no doubt that he is right where he's supposed to be. Nor is there any doubt that God is growing him tremendously. I'm privileged to work beside him and get to see it. Hopefully, I'll have this week's talk posted on the website by tomorrow evening. That's the plan anyway! I'll keep everyone posted. 

Tonight is the first night of UT football! I have decided to give in to the old axiom: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Starting this evening, I am officially a UT football fan. I've fought it for 15 years now, but I just don't have the energy anymore. The die-hard UT fan will wear you down. I've come to realize that the only way I can get through another college football season, living in Nashville, is to jump on the bandwagon. So, while I can't quite bring myself to go out and paint my Jetta orange, or buy one of those ridiculous orange hats that has a big T on it, I will be pulling for the Vols. I'm afraid, though, I've subjected myself to a whole other set of problems. Apparently, I'm now subjected to bashing from all other S.E.C. fans. But that's ok. I'm a big boy. I can handle it. So, even as John Griffin (a massive Alabama fan) and Clyde Rountree (an even bigger Florida fan) have pointed out.... I've picked a bad year to be a Vol's fan.  Well, guys, I guess I wouldn't be a true fan unless I said.... "You guys can go ahead and get your baby lotion out. Cause, when UT spanks that hiney... You're gonna need it! 

Here's the song list from yesterday. Hope to see you all next sunday at the Journey. Please remember to pray for all of those in the Gulf coastal region. I've heard of instances where the church prayed tornados and entire weather systems out of an area!!! Blessings!

Let God Arise (chris tomlin), Salvation (passion worship band), Thank You Jesus (written by me, can't get it online yet. still working on it), Kindness (chris tomlin), How Great Is Our God (one of 10,000 versions! my favorite is probably tomlin) 

1 comment:

austin burton said...

Welcome to the good side!!! GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!