John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

sunday thoughts and songs

Well, I know I'm a couple days behind on this but, I've just had a few other things on my mind lately that I wanted to talk about, such as the whole schedule thing. (refer to last post)

Anyway, the big reason I haven't posted on this past Sunday is because, I just needed some time to digest it all. This entire past weekend was something very different for me. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that I was stretched beyond anything that I've been used to since I've gone into ministry. Don't worry.... It's all good! Just, taxing. 

So, my thoughts.... well, let's see. Everything that could've gone wrong technically, did. (But what else is new!!! That's every Sunday! LOL.) I guess I can sum it all up with this: I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that something's going on in this region. And it's a really good thing. I have talked with several of the leaders at the Journey and they all feel like they sense it too. I believe that God wants to do something really amazing around here. And we're seeing the results of it. 

I want to give props to my praise team for their willingness to just go with the flow this week when everything went "crash and boom!". The funny thing is, I told them that it was going to probably happen! All the ingredients were there! Great praise songs, a killer message, and people willing to get out of the way and let God be God! 

So, my thoughts... It's amazing to be a part of a church where there are no pretenses, where people aren't all about serving themselves, but about serving the hurting and broken world around us, and where God is moving! 

God bless and see you next week.

Here's the songs from Sunday.

Indescribable (Chris Tomlin), Everlasting God (Todd Feilds), Lord You Are Good (??? there are at least 100 versions of this!), Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble (Hillsong), and Saviour King (Hillsong)

No comments: