John 4:19-26

"Sir," the woman said, "you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?"

Jesus replied, "Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on the tis mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming-indeed it's here now- when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth."

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."

Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!"

Friday, September 5, 2008

SEC East Champions?????

Vandy! 2-0... who'da thought! And I was there to see it!!!!

Last night Erik and I went to the Vandy game. It was awesome!!!! We sat in the student section, since Erik is a student there now! It was soooo cool. We were about fifty feet from Spurier. He had that stupid grimace on his face for most of the game. That is always fun to see. 

So, as I am a new UT fan, two things I've learned: 1. You always root for the SEC when someone from the SEC is playing a team that UT isn't going to have on their schedule. Here's why. You don't want to have a looser team like Clemson make it to the national championship just cause they're in a conference that sucks and they have no other competition in! The SEC is the strongest, most dominating conference in college football, and even though I'm still a WVU fan to some degree (that's where I grew up), I have to admit... the SEC is the big daddy! And we'll take care of each other in inter-conference play.  2. Everyone hates Spurier, except the Game Cocks (I guess you have no choice if he's your coach!). 

Anyway, all that to say, I'm excited for Vandy, despite rules number 1 and 2. I've lived in Nashville for 15 years now, and I can't remember them ever having a great season. They deserve to have a good year. And even though I'm now an official UT fan, I've gotta have a heart for the home team. Good luck Vandy! Great game last night. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you do well this year.

I want to encourage all of you, once again, to make sure that you have yourself in some kind of accountability circle. As you all know, Erik and I are each other's accountability partners. Last night was great cause, we not only got to hang out and watch a great game, but during the drive to the campus, we had a chance to catch up on what's been going on in each other's lives. I mean, we work together and all that, but we don't get the time every week to sit down and just see how each other is doing. Last night was the first time in about a month. Man, did we need that! It was nice to just get to vent to each other and encourage each other. I gotta tell you. There's no way you can keep all the stresses of your life kept up inside and not have someone, that you can trust with everything, to talk to. It's not healthy. It will literally drive you mad. So please, everyone, if you're not in some kind of relationship like that with someone, or even a couple people if you want, get there. If you don't know what that looks like, you can always email anyone from the Journey's team and talk about it. You can reach all of us by email at the website. Just click here

See you all this sunday. If you live in the Nashville area and don't have a church home, please check us out at the website listed above. We'd love to have you come visit us. We are a "come as you are" church. I can promise you, you're not going to find one perfect person in the whole building. We've all got our problems! But I can promise you this: you will find people who understand that while we're not perfect, there is a perfect God. And we have a blast seeking Him out! If you don't live in the Nashville area, and you don't have a church home, I would encourage you to seek one out. You're missing out on the life that you were created to live!

Take care everyone! Blessings. 

No comments: